Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Articles

Here are some articles I found on The Bump about Preemies:

The Worst Things to Say to Moms of Preemies
NICU Cheat Sheet
Advice for Surviving the NICU

The first one has a lot of things I've heard.. and I have to agree with how they felt when they heard them. Like when my son was first born, when I saw how many people on facebook were saying how happy they were for us and congratulating us it felt like a double edged sword. I mean my son was 2 months early and in the NICU and I nearly died. It didn't feel very celebratory to me. Unless you've gone through it yourself I think its hard to understand. We've been one of the lucky ones though. The baby that had our area before us was born at 17 weeks and did not make it. We've had a pretty easy go of it although he is taking his dear sweet time with the bottle feeding.

Going to head to the hospital soon. I'll update you all on how is doing. I am hoping he will be home before Football season starts.. which for us is on August 9th with the Broncos playing the Bears.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...