Saturday, February 27, 2010

A glimpse at Us

Good Morning!

I am an early riser by nature.

Before work today I wanted to share some picture spam so you can see who we are a bit better. I plan on talking about where we are getting married later today.

Chris and I are both in our late twenties. I'm about 6 months older than he is. I grew up in NJ and went to Penn State for college (GO NITTANY LIONS!). I moved here a few months after graduating for a change of scenery and to see what Colorado had to offer me. It's turned out quite nice if you ask me. I don't make a lot of money but I've found the love of my life!

Chris grew up out here. He went to ITT Tech and has an associates in 3D Modeling and Animation. He is starting to get into working on his portfolio. I wish him all the luck its a very time consuming thing. I know he'd love to work in his career choice one of these days though.

This was taken in Nov of 2007 at a friends birthday party. At this point we'd been together for almost a year. As I mentioned before we met at work. We both started working in June of 06 for our current employer and on Dec 16th we started dating. So he actually proposed on our 3 year anniversary. ^_^


This is from the Spring of 2008 at Eldorado Canyon State Park here in Colorado. We love hiking when we can and this place is really close by to where we live. Its fun to go and watch the rock climbers and explore the hiking trails.


This is the newest addition to our family. Meet Higgins! He joined us in June of 2009. We adopted him, well actually we basically rescued him, from the life of being a barn cat where life is short to the nice life of being an indoor house cat. When Chris proposed he put the ring on Higgins' collar and planned on sending him in to wake me up. Of course that didn't work out because I woke up on my own and then was too tired to realize what was going on (I rise early but I don't register anything until I have coffee). It was really sweet when Chris spelled it all out to me.

The ring he got me was his mothers so its sentimental. I don't normally like yellow gold but its so pretty and it means a lot to us so I'm happy to wear it. ^_^ It is currently being resized because his mother has really tiny fingers. I think it was 5.25 size! so its going up almost 2 sizes as I type this. If you are on a budget using a family ring is really the way to go. The cost of resizing this ring at Kay Jewelers was about 60 dollars. If you have the money then go for what she'll love since its her ring but if you know someone you can get a ring from the sentiment is just as nice and the price way less. ^_^



A few more shots of us. This was from the Colorado Renn Faire in July of 09. We love to try and go every year if we can.



And finally.. an engagement present from two of my dear friends Shayne and Aparna. Chris and I plan on saving it for either our Wedding or our One year Anniversary. It isn't often someone puts your face on a champagne bottle!

2 comments:

  1. Aww, I love that you're saving it! :-) <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. ^_^ we figure its special so we should do something special!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...