Friday, February 26, 2010

*Waves*

Hello All!

So I've been milling around about starting a blog on here for a while but I wanted to have something worth writing about otherwise who would bother reading right?

Anyway I got engaged on Dec 16th of 2009!! Yay for me! We set the date for Oct 31, 2010. So less than a year from our engagement. (Yikes!). On that day I will become a Green (hence the name of the Blog.. me trying to be humorous).

We've been really busy trying to get this thing planned so that we aren't stressing later and yet its already stressful so I need to vent (and of course gush!) about it somewhere so why not on a blog?

Much more to come as things happen. I just want to start off by introducing myself and tell you a little more about myself and my future hubby. ^_^

My name is Leah, but you can call me Ling Ling, his name is Christopher. Everyone calls him Chris though. We've been together for a little over 3 years now. We met not long after I moved to Colorado from NJ (boy was that a change!). We actually work together. I know a lot of people don't believe in mixing work and relationships but it really flows well for us. We started here at the same time but our paths have taken different directions so we really don't interact all that much during the day when we are working (except through the messanger program that we chat via).

It was my idea to get married on Halloween. It is my favorite holiday. Its fun and a festive time of year and now we will ALWAYS have plans on halloween ^_^.

We've been dealing with all the normal stuff, caterers, djs, cakes, locations the whole crazy mess. The only things set so far are the DJ (though not completely we haven't got the contract yet) and the location (which has been signed and deposit made).

My parents are doing the traditional thing of holding the purse strings but Chris and I are going to try and help where we can because our overall budget isn't that big.

There is so much we need to do that I never realized. So I'm sure I'll be on here regularly ranting and raving and gushing as everything finally comes together! If this works out I plan to continue with this blog after the Wedding to discuss my experiences being married and planning for the future, we still need to buy a house and eventually we want to have a family! This blog is strictly from my own experiences and so I wouldn't call myself an expert on anything I talk about it is simply my life as I know it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...