Saturday, February 27, 2010

The Little Things and The Big..

I know. This is my third post today. It wont always be like this. I just have a lot on my mind about whats been going on so far. Both the big and the little.

Big things have been taste testing caterers and attending a Bridal show. Which I will talk about but right now I want to talk about the little things. The things you forget you need to do when you are getting married. Chris and I opened joint checking and savings accounts this past Monday. I feel like that was a big deal! We've been splitting our bills for the entire time we've lived together. At least out joint bills we've always paid our loans by ourselves. So getting down to it and finally combining our households like that feels like a big step forward towards really being Married. That more than anything has made it feel real. I don't think we can really do any of the other little things until we are married. I have to then change my name and we will try to combined our car insurance which hopefully will save us both some money (multi-driver/car discounts please and thank you!)

Now to the big things! We set the location which I've mentioned back in January. Since then we've started working on the other pieces of the puzzle that need to come together for the Wedding. We've attended 2 caterer tastings. One for a company called Biscuits and Berries, and another for a company called Occasions by Sandy. Both of which were delicious! So far we are leaning towards Occasions, but my parents would like us to try 2 more before we commit. I agree completely. I'm still thinking Occasions is who we will end up with but who knows.

On Feb 21st we braved a snow storm to go to the Boettcher Mansion for one of their sem-annual Bridal Shows. It was interesting, overwhelming, and informative. We met the DJ we want to use, he is the DJ who works with the Mansion. He was very nice. We met an officiant we liked, which is good because the one we really want cannot do a morning wedding (our event will go from 11am-3pm). I got to taste some cake. Yum! We plan on having a coffee bar during the time between the reception officially starting and the end of the ceremony, so we were able to meet the woman who owns the company. Mmmmm. Its really nice to see local vendors face to face and they were all "preferred vendors" of Boettcher Mansion so it helped us alot, we know they are familiar with the location and how things work there which I liked. We also met a photographer that we need to contact, his prices weren't overboard!

I highly recommend doing this for anyone else getting married in the future. Go to Bridal Shows!!

So many things to do! We have a few months still to go though just over 8 months now until the big day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...