Friday, July 30, 2010

August?!? Already???

So tomorrow will bring the end of July and make it about 3 months exactly until my Wedding day.. craaaazy.. as I mentioned in my last post I'm thinking about hair a lot lately. I have several things piling up on my To Do list for Monday inregards to the Wedding planning and to desire to buy a house. I am so done with renting!!

Work has been crazy lately as well, lots of people pulled for training and a few people leaving for new adventures (aka better jobs).. I've started reading again finally. I am an avid reader and was on a role by the end of March having read 23 books with a personal goal to read 100. Now it is very close to August and I've only read 1 more book. Granted that doesn't count the fact that I reread 4 books. 3 of which I had read only this past January. I think because the rest of my life is getting more and more crazy as time marches on to October, I've started reading again. I've also become fascinated by people who blog about books. It seems like such a brilliant thing to do.. and if only I had time to breathe, I might try it out myself. I know, I know you have all heard this before. What happened to my adventures in cooking? Sadly because I live with my mother-in-law to be I do not cook really. I made breakfast a few weekends ago though. Pancakes, bacon, and Eggs. Chris helped out as well. It was a good breakfast. Normally though we are too busy on our days off and end up picking up food and on work days we get home and heat up leftovers from what everyone else had.

I think hobbies are important. I think reading is definitely one of my hobbies and without such distractions from the day to day we would all go crazy. "All work and no play make Leah a dull girl" (We watched the Shining the other day)

There was a list of things to do to destress at the back of a bridal magazine I picked up a few weeks ago. I really need to grab more of those. The list was brilliant, including such things as blowing bubbles and trying on your wedding dress.. Stress is my enemy, as it is for most of us in this day in age.. I think its becoming more and more important to take a moment and just have the be your inner zen moment. For me its when I can stick my head in a good book for a few moments a day and forget reality.

Right now I am reading "The Dark Elf Trilogy" by R.A. Salvatore. Chris loves these books and I am greatly enjoying it. It is the beginning of a very long series. I've read another trilogy in this set that was written first but comes afterwards in the timeline of the world. If you like full on fantasy like Tolkien then I recommend this series.. Anyway my lunch hour is nearly over.. haha I started out talking about hair and now I've gone off on a lovely tangent about stress, hobbies and books.. let me leave you with a few images of hair styles I'm really liking so far.







I haven't decided if I want it down, up or a mix of both. But I know I do not want a veil and I like the flower/feathery look of the clips in these styles. I'd love to hear any input!

Now I shall go back to my book until my lunch ends.. ^_^ I hope everyone has a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. I really like the second one (NOT because she's asian). I just think having your hair up is very elegant. haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, thats actually the one I am leaning towards.. I have to call the lady that will come and do my hair if I want her to and setup a trial appointment still.. we shall see.. ^_^

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...