Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy Day of Independence!

Today is as good as any day to sit down and reflect on whats been going on in my life. I haven't written in a few weeks and so I do have lots to share.

First off though Happy 4th of July! Its a bit gloomy out here and I have to work today but its all good.

I think I am going to have to go back in and try my dress on again. I may be needing a smaller size if things keep going. I'm down another 1.5lbs over the 5lbs I was told to lose. I've been trying to use my elliptical so that I can feel good in my bathing suit and summer clothes. I am to be honest, very self conscious about my appearance and always have been. I gained a lot of weight when I was in college and then lost all of it and then some in the year or so afterwards. Since then I've put some of it back on and I'm trying very hard to loose it again, but without the assistance of Weight Watchers this time around. I would love to be, by next summer what I weighed again at the end of 2007. I was tiny for me at that time.

Anywho, Wedding wise we got our save the dates out. I love them and I am using one of the extras as a bookmark, which is what they actually are. We also discussed the cake with my parents and decided to go with Das Meyer. We're all so busy in general and we loved the cake they had so it just makes sense. I hope everyone else enjoys it as much as we do.

It is now just over a month before our trip to Breckinridge! I am really looking forward to this trip. I could use a real vacation.

Living on the ranch has been a real adventure. I am getting up at 6am everyday on the dot, without an alarm. Life starts early here and it is sooo quiet at night that I just fall right asleep so I'm not complaining. We had our first real adventure in ranch life on Friday morning. Everyone else had already headed off to work and we were just about to when Buddy, the laid back rough collie, started barking at the Alpacas. Something didn't look right. We determined that the younger boys had gotten in with the girls. It was good it was only the younger males. They are only just old enough to be breeding. Chris, myself and his mom who came rushing home from work had to wrangle them all back in to their own paddock. It was interesting. Chris and I ended up 10 minutes late to work that morning! I guess I'm becoming a country girl after all!

The internet here is really sucky so I can't post pictures this morning. (the downfall of country life) but maybe tomorrow I'll do a photo post to show some more of whats going on.

We went to the flea market in denver last weekend and saw Young Frankenstein on stage in Denver. It was amazing!! I couldn't stop laughing! Not to mention that the guy that originated the role on Broadway played Dr. Frankenstein! He was on Desperate Housewives, the pharmacist, and other movies before too so I recognized him. That was a real treat thanks to my parents!

Next Saturday we are going to the Renaissance Faire with Chris's dad. I am excited. Chris's Dad is hopefully finally going to meet my parents too. Can you believe it. Nearly 4 months away from the wedding and they've never met!

Anyway I have to get going. We have to head out for work soon and Chris wants to hook up my printer.

Happy 4th again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...