Wednesday, March 3, 2010

The Dress..

With about 8 months until the big day its time to start shopping for a dress. This scares me more than any other aspect of planning this shindig. I have lots of questions running through my head right now. I am officially starting my search on Saturday. I have an appointment at 10:30am at Dina's Bridal, which is here in Superior. They have gorgeous dresses and are probably way of my range. Which brings me to my first question.

How much should I be spending?

I can't help but be intimidated by tv shows like TLC's "Say Yes to the Dress". Which clearly is showing the more high end shoppers. Our wedding and budget are small. So how much do I really put towards the dress? I know how much I personally can put towards it, and since we are paying for the DJ I'm hoping if I find my perfect dress and its outside that range that my Mom will be able to step in and help a little but I don't want to really do that. So my next question is..

Can I find a nice dress that doesn't look tacky/cheap for, well cheap?

I am hoping this is possible. I am hoping to find a real wedding dress too not just a dress to wear to the wedding. It is my day, you only get married once! Originally my mom was saying I don't really need a wedding dress. That actually upset me more than when they told me we had to keep it all small. Small is fine with me I'm not an extravagant person and I get nervous in large crowds so small = good. That being said I still want to shine on my day. I don't want to regret things. So yes, I will have an actual wedding dress! *fingers crossed* I don't have to settle.

I'm being a bit traditional. I don't want Chris to see or be involved in my Dress at all. I want to wow him on the big day when he sees me walk out the door and down the aisle.

I hope that Saturday is a great learning experience. I'm not expecting to walk away with a dress but if it happens then yay!

Day 2 of Wii Fit and I'm sore haha. Sore is good though! Sore means I'm making a difference. Getting fit is for me as well as for my wedding day (again the whole wow factor comes in to mind), so I need to keep at it and stay motivated! Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...