Sunday, May 2, 2010

Dress stress...

Hello All! Hope you are having a wonderful weekend!

So Kimi, my mom and I all went to Dina's Bridal yesterday and I tried on my dress to be again as well as another one that my mom liked. I did not put any money down to order it yet though. The reason I didn't is simple. No one is truly one size. When she measured me I turned out to be 3 sizes because I'm curvy. To save money on the dress that I want I need to order it as a petite, this automatically cuts 3 inches off the bottom so i don't have to get it hemmed. To order as a petit I have to pick one size and stick to it. If I order the regular size and then try and loose weight I can say hey I want to order this size instead but then I need a lot more alerations done. My issue is that when she did my measurements I came out an 8 on top a 10 in the middle and a 12 at the hips. Haha. I'm just your typical female. I'm barely the 10 and the 12 but its enough to cause issues. So the lady suggested I try and loose 5lbs and come back in June and I can try the dress on again and she'll re-measure me. We tried a 12 of similar styled dress and the only place it fit was the hips it was too big everywhere else so I don't want to order for my hips and pay a lot of money to bring in the rest of it. *Sigh*

In honor of my trying to drop 5 lbs I gave away a bunch of the cookies that Chris and I made. They are yummy so I don't mind sharing. I'm going to bring more up to Chris's mom's house today.

Kimi and Justin stuck around for a bit yesterday. We went to lunch at Old Chicago's and I got a salad. I'm so proud. I always go for the same sandwich, one I know is way to unhealthy from all my weight watchers books. I'm going to start referencing those books again to help me pick healthier foods, I also plan on using the recipe books I have from weight watchers. I think 5lbs is very doable. In truth I'd like to loose more like 10 or 15 but 5 is a very good start.

Going to pick up a grill at my parents this morning and then going up to see Chris's Mom. She lives on an Alpaca ranch. They have a new baby Alpaca, a new puppy and 4 new kittens there. We are taking Achilles so he can run around their backyard.

Hope ya'll have a great Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...