Sunday, May 16, 2010

Sugar Rush!!

Hello All! Happy Sunday! I couldn't sleep this morning so I have been up since 5:30.. not exactly the best way to start my Sunday off but on the plus side I've discovered a lot of new HD channels. I haven't watched tv in a while. Only what we record really. I love the Green channel! Go Environment!!

That was all completely off topic. I am here today to write about Cake. Yesterday Chris, My Mom and Dad and I all went to Das Meyer Fine Pastry Chalet to try tasting cakes.

Das Meyer is this cute little house in a residential area off 64h in Arvada. It has a big parking lot and is apparently very popular. They do this really neat thing, every Saturday from 10:30am to 3:30pm, they told us to be there by 11 though. It was getting really busy when we left too so I'm glad we got there when we did. This Bakery has some amaaaazing cake flavors. We tried 11 flavors I think maybe more!! We know what we will do if we go with them. We want to see one more bakery to see if they can out do their flavors and/or give us a better deal. Our cake will be awesome though no matter what, because We are happy fun people and thats what we want in our cake!

Without giving away our choices these are the flavors we tasted yesterday:
-Strawberries & Champagne
-Toll House
-Creme Brulee
-Chocolate Bailey's Irish Cream
-Chocolate Carmel Royale
-Chocolate Lover's
-Peanut Butter Cup
-Carrot Cake
-Chocolate Raspberry Truffle
-Godiva White Chocolate Liquor
-Triple White

That is what I can remember based on reading the website flavor lists.

What I liked about this place was that the cake was not super sweet. The other cake I've tasted so far, which was back in February from A Matter of Taste, was a lot sweeter and that makes you not want to eat it so much. It was delicious but Das Meyer is winning out so far. Especially because of the main flavor we've picked are delicious, unique, and not over powering.. ^_^

Oh! On the plus side.. I weighed in yesterday, with 2 more weeks till my 5lb deadline I'm right on track. I was officially down 2.6lbs!!!

Off to make breakfast, do laundry and enjoy this beautiful Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...