Saturday, May 1, 2010

All Dressed up and no where to go..

I still have an hour until my appointment. Justin just called to get directions and let us know they are on the way down. We've cleaned the apartment, showered, and even Achilles got a bath. Higgins is hiding because its day time and we were cleaning. He really doesn't like the vacuum.

The other night Chris really wanted cookies. So we looked up a recipe online for sugar cookies. It was really easy to make the dough, but it had to sit for at least an hour in the fridge, preferably over night. He made the dough on Thursday night and I made the cookies on Friday night. We only have one cookie cutter though and it is in the shape of a person. My mom gave it to me when we made ginger bread cookies for Christmas two years ago. Chris told me he'd never made cookies before! I was in shock. I know he has done the ones where you break them off and put them in the oven but from scratch like this and rolling the dough out, never! The recipe made a crazy number of cookies so we are going to have plenty for a while! Hopefully Justin and Kimi will eat a few haha.

In the spirit of the donuts I attempted to make a few weeks ago I took pictures of the cookies. .


Chris making Cookies for the first time..


The final count.. I have no idea.. but this is after we ate a few .. they are really yummy!!

My mom just called and said she is on her way. I'm really getting excited. Not just for the dress but because my Mom hasn't met Achilles yet. She wasn't thrilled that we got him. I hope she likes him. Kimi and Justin were there when we got him but he has gotten a lot bigger since then!

Not sure what else to do while I wait.. its really nice outside today but cool.

Hope ya'll have a great weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...