Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Bugs Bunny Band Aids

Flynn had his 2 month check up yesterday. He will be 2 months old on Thursday. It is so crazy to believe that much time has gone by already then again 6 weeks in the NICU I guess will do that.

He did really well at the doctors office. He has grown! Almost a whole pound since he go home! He was growing faster in the NICU but he has just started eating closer to 3 ounces a meal now so he is readjusting his eating schedule. His pediatrician said at his age between 3 and 5 ounces is normal and I mean he is only 7lbs 9.5oz so I can't imagine him pulling off more than 3 ounces a go at this point.

I felt bad when he got his immunizations they were his first ever as they did not give him his first Hep shot in the hospital. The NICU would have done it but he was so close to his 2 month visit that they said they would let the Pediatrician do it so he wasn't having them so close together. He calmed down really quickly after his shots and has not seemed to have any kind of adverse reaction which makes me happy.


Chris and Flynn bonding a the Pediatrician's Office


Bugs Bunny Band Aid for our Big Boy


Flynn still isn't smiling at us yet which bums me out but since he is a Preemie there is more leeway for certain developments. He is following us with his eyes and moving his head, in tummy time which is still just him on my tummy he lifts his head to look at me. I'm so proud of this but I would really love a genuine smile. The cooing hasn't quite started yet either. We'll see hopefully before he is 3 months old these things will happen.

His next appointment is in October for his 4 month check up and next round of shots. I'm hoping it all goes as well as this past visit. I hope he wows everyone with how much he grows and how much he matures developmentally. Either way though I will always love my baby boy.



Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

1 comment:

  1. Nice to meet you through the Bloggy Moms group. Your photos are great. Your little guy beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...