Sunday, August 19, 2012

Flynn's Family Introduction

Yesterday we had a party for Flynn at my Mother-in-law's and I think it was a great success. A bunch of our family on all sides were able to make it to the BBQ and my friend Adriana and her family who came up from Colorado Springs. I didn't take too many photos personally but my Aunt, Mom and both of my Mother-in-laws (Chris's mom and step-mom) all took photos so hopefully I can get more.

Flynn did great and people respected that clean hands rule. We had sanitizer all over the place and not many people held him which was great. We all slept really well last night too.

Gifts were not required at this party but since I never had a baby shower a few people did bring gifts and my Cousin Emily gave us some more hand-me-down baby clothes for Flynn. Huzzah! For gifts we received more things for Flynn's nursery - a lamp, decals for the walls and some more bedding. We also got another hanging toy for his car seat and bassinet and he received his first football. Not a security blanket one but nice big plush one that says "My first Football" and is a rattle inside, we got a baby bjorn carrier and a hiking carrier! We are excited to use them all. ^_^

Here are the few photos I did take that came out from yesterday:


Saturday Morning, Sleeping on Daddy

First time at Grandma Miller's house!

Checking out Granpa Miller

Grandma is well stocked on toys!

Grandmom (aka my Mom) holding Flynn


Lauren meeting her newest cousin


Bottle Time with Daddy

A shot of a few of the earlier arrivals

Forground Grandpa Green; background Emily and Sierra playing

Today we have to go shopping and are planning on trying out the baby bjorn carrier if possible. I'm going to see if I can get my hands on more photos over the next week or so and then I can share them as well.

We were gone for about 7 hours even though it was only 10 minutes from our house, if that. The whole day was a really great one and I'm so happy to have the friends and family we do. ^_^

Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful baby and I love the name Flynn.

    We loved our baby bjorn carrier, but grew out of it pretty quickly. We have the Ergo now and use it a lot and it's a lot more comfortable than the bjorn.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...