Monday, August 13, 2012

Taste buds at work..

Last night I made a pretty tasty dinner if I do say so. The recipe came from my cook book I purchased while pregnant. It has great recipes for women expecting or breast feeding to help make sure they are getting the right kind of nutrition. Even though I can't breast feed I still like it because they are just plain healthy and delicious.


Anyway I've made several recipes from the book. I love the spinach and broccoli soup for one and there is a great spinach quiche as well. My mouth is starting to water.. hehe.

So last night I had pork chops and no idea what to do with them so I was flipping through my cook books and I came up with a spice rub from this book. It was fairly simple and I had all the ingredients at my disposal already in my spice rack and pantry. It included garlic, italian seasoning, ginger and a few other spices.

The recipe called for them to be grilled but it also said it could be broiled. Our grill nearly blew up while I was in the hospital so that was out. Chris tried to grill a steak for dinner on night and the whole grill apparently caught fire, he got it out and away from the house before it was too serious and we already needed a new grill.

So this means I broiled for the first time ever, okay that is not quite accurate I did make tandoori chicken in my MIL's broiler once when we still lived with her but I had help and supervision at that time so I wouldn't ruin dinner or burn down the house.

Back to the pork chops. They came out really well. This is another recipe I'm going to have to add to my do again file. They were quick and easy, although next time I may let them marinade longer the recipe says 1 to 48 hours and I only did so for about an hour.

I served the pork chops with baked beans, mashed potatoes and crescent roles. I wasn't happy with any of my current veggie options. When we go shopping I'm going t stock up on broccoli and spinach and other delicious options.

Normally I take photos of food I make if I'm proud of how it came out but I did not do so for some reason last night. Next time! There will definitely be a next time. -_^


Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...