Friday, November 15, 2013

31 Day Blog Challenge - Day 14

If You Won the Lottery...


This is actually a really easy topic for me because my husband and I always say "If we won the lottery..." or "When we win the lotto we will.." 

We even play the powerball on occasion because you never will win if you don't play. We were talking to my dad about it this past weekend and he said he did it for years before he finally gave up. We have set up a pretty simple list for if we won. It goes in order of priority so depending on how much we'd win we'd do what we can.

First, We would pay off all our debt. We are still paying off hospital bills and student loans. When you add other things like the mortgage and everything else we are penny pinching like crazy and to be able to pay off all those debts. If we can take care of that then not only can we breath easy again but I can leave me job and stay home with my son. We could even maybe look at expanding our family. Not to mention the money we'd save on daycare, I saw something from the Washington Post that said Colorado was one of the more expensive states for Daycare these days.

Secondly if we could afford to we'd help out our immediate family. They have always been there for us so anything we could give back would be amazing. We limited that to immediate family because that is already a lot of people and we would want to try and help each of them out.

Third we would love to join the Disney Vacation Club. We love Disney and we want to travel so that would put them both together for us. I am sure we would travel without it as well but I love having the trip every 2 years to Breckenridge and so this would be a similar option for the years we don't go to the mountains.

Finally we would donate to charity. I would want to give back if I could to the hospital that was so amazing for myself and my little doodle. Specifically I'd donate to the NICU and the Women's Clinic. If we had enough money I would also donate to the Renal Department there as well. Also I'd give money to the March of Dimes because they are working towards lowering the number of preemies born every year.

Oh! I forgot we'd also try and buy our dream house. We were playing with that idea last night. We'd move up into the mountains most likely. Either we'd build a house or we'd buy one if we found one that already had everything we wanted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...