Tuesday, November 5, 2013

31 Day Blog Challenge - Day 4

What Are You Afraid Of?

Well the simple answers are that I am afraid of  Spiders and Clowns.

Eww, Just Eww!!


I know that spiders are an essential part of the ecosystem but I just can't get past the creepy factor. I can't even explain the fear. Haha they freak me out so much I can't even be in the same room as them! On the same side I can't kill them either. If I am brave enough to catch one I'll let it go back outside. Otherwise I will make my husband or someone else deal with them so I don't have to. Silly I know.

Now for Clowns, I can't recall when I started being afraid of them . When I was little kid though my mom told me even then I didn't like them. They would take me to the Circus and I liked everything about it but them. I think its the makeup the painted on faces. As much as others see them as comical and amusing. I see it as menacing and just don't feel comfortable at all.
Creeeeeepy

Then of course you throw in Stephen King's IT which simply amplifies the whole mess and anything else about killer clowns. At least I'm not alone!

A friend of mine had a clown statue growing up and I would not go in her room if it was out where I could see it. That may be a little irrational but at least if it was covered or hidden I knew it was there but I was ok so I figure I'm not that bad really!

Now the not so simple.. I'm afraid of being alone.

I think a lot of people have this fear. I don't mean being by myself I'm fine with that, I mean being alone in life. Not having the family and friends to support me and that I can help support. That social bonding that is so important to everything great about life. That is another reason I moved to Colorado. My parents were planning to move with or without me but I couldn't imagine being without my family. 

Now of course I have my own family and I can't imagine being able to go on if they weren't part of my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...