Wednesday, November 20, 2013

31 Day Blog Challenge - Day 17

What is your most proud moment?


This one is easy. My proudest moment was the first time I really got to hold my little boy. Most people might say when they were born but for me I barely remember it and it wasn't exactly a proud moment for me. One I will never forget but still.

The first really good memory I have of my little boy though that when I really got to let it sink in. It was a few days after he was born. During the day they had made me get out of bed which had been really rough on me. My night nurse though found out that I had not really gotten to seen my son yet, aside from being wheeled by him when I was still in a haze right after he was born. She arranged for me in my bed to be taken up to the NICU to see him. Chris was still staying with me at the time so he came up with me it was around Midnight. I'm not sure how often they do that. I felt really special.

I made a promise to my little man that night that I would keep getting stronger and he would too. He was so small and fragile in that incubator but he was mine and I made him. So yes at that very moment, in that SICU bed having been snuck up to the NICU in the middle of the night to see a tiny little baby. My pride grew as the days went on. It still does every day when I see that smiling face and see him learning more about his world I can't help but beam with pride.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...