Sunday, November 3, 2013

Naptime is my savior..

Over the past year I've learned one thing. Naptime is my time. Thank you daycare for training my little man to sleep nearly on command. His little internal clock goes off between 11:30 and 12pm and suddenly he goes from happy hyper 16 month old to a sleepy doodle.

Flynn is down to 1 nap a day and it ranges from 2 to 3 hours. It gives me a nice amount of time to get things done around the house. I can clean and do the dishes and still have time to watch some good ole tv such as Dawson's Creek and catch up on my computer things.

This morning before his naptime alarm went off I had a lot of fun having a little photo shoot of Flynn playing in his toy chest. I hope to have a post to share with you soon.

Last weekend we had our first night without Flynn. He slept over his Grandma's house so the hubby and I could celebrate our third anniversary. We went to Red Lobster and it was delicious! Not to mention it was great to be able to not have a little boy to handle in a restaurant or worry about getting home before it was too late. Although we were home by 7:30 so we could watch a scary movie together. We also stopped and picked up dessert and some more pumpkin spice blue moon to enjoy.

I do have to be honest though I didn't stop worrying about him till it was about 9pm. Grandma said she'd call if there was any issues getting him to bed. He apparently had no issues and slept for a whole 12 hours that night. I think it helped to have lots of family around him. His cousin's and his Uncle and Aunt were all over that night so he had lots of people to keep him company and make him happy and loved.

Sunday we spent all morning at Grandma's because it was fun. I have to admit I wanted to rush over there as soon as I was up but it was too early. So we waited until after we knew he was awake. This means we have a new option and I hope for many more date nights in the future.

The anniversary also cues the holiday season beginning. Thanksgiving is just around the corner. We've been invited to multiple events so now we have to figure out which one to go to. Then there is planning Christmas. Chris always wants to ear mark Christmas Eve for his Mom's house but that is the night my family all goes to my Aunt's so we have to compromise and offer to host on Christmas day which I don't really want to do but will probably do anyway.

My Mom and I were talking about Christmas photos so its also time to book a session to get photos taken for Christmas cards, which leads also to christmas shopping. I keep seeing things I would love to get Flynn. I hope we can have a kick ass Christmas on a budget this year. We shall see!

Oh and it is great to be back!

1 comment:

  1. Ryan sometimes has one nap a day, sometimes 2. He can't fall asleep on his own though...which is partly my fault ;) I never did sleep training with him as he was a baby. It'll come though, I'm sure.

    I'm glad you've had a good past few days!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...